Sunday, November 02, 2008

Goodbye Little Yellow Boy

So this morning was the dreaded day... I've had some pressing things for work to think about, so luckily I haven't been dwelling on Frisco leaving...until yesterday :(

Yesterday we didn't do anything especially exciting...I took Frisky shopping...spent WAY too much money and then took Frisk and Cricket to the puppytruck to walk the CO recall dogs. I walked Ballet, Adeline, Rona, and Larabee. Last night I slept on the floor with Frisco on one side of me and Ontario on the other. I kept waking up when Frisco would move so that he wouldn't be touching me anymore.

This morning I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and wind outside. I got ready to go to the puppy truck. When we got to the truck it was just sprinkling a bit, but wasn't horrible...so Traci took some pictures of us in front of the truck. It was FREEZING!!!


We talked for a while to some of the other people who were at the truck and then when they were ready to go, I put Frisco in his cage with his favorite toy. He is in one of the top kennels. He seemed fine to go in the cage, but then wanted to get right out I could tell. I talked to him for a few minutes and kept giving him kisses on the face and he kept licking my face (which was moist...I'd like to pretend it was from the rain). I got off the truck, and then had to go say one more goodbye to him. Then the truck was off to Boise where the pups will get a walk, and then on to Pendleton Oregon where they will get another walk and dinner and go to bed. Tomorrow afternoon they will arrive on campus and start their new lives :( I miss my little yellow boy already. So the Thursday hunt for the phase report begins again.
I love you Frisk...see you soon buddy!

8 comments:

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Congratulations on raising an amazing boy Lindsey, and best of luck to Frisco in training!

Emily said...

Good luck to Frisco in his training, and good job to you for raising what appears to be an amazing dog!

Kelsey, Keno, Mallory, and Chappelle said...

Ahhh I hate recall. :( Good luck to Frisco! I am sure he will do wonderfully in formal training and make someone an excellent guide. :)

Erin said...

Good Luck Frisky!!!!

thepuppyraiser said...

Go Frisco! Hope you make your mom proud as you breeze through those phases!

And of course congrats/hugs to Lindsey for raising that handsome little studmuffin ;)

Sarah and the Pack. said...

Good luck to Frisco...now Thurs will be that much better! When do you get your next dog?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your blog! The DogTime.com team has been reading through hundreds of pet-related blogs and we've selected your blog to be a DogTime Blog Star. We invite you to join the DogTime Blog Network based on the following criteria:

Enthusiasm and love of for pets
Relevant and thorough pet content

Who is DogTime? DogTime Media is the largest online community of animal lovers with nearly 8.2 million unique visitors per month and over 180 member sites which include the best dog, cat, bird, fish, reptile and horse content from across the pet category. Please visit DogTime.com to learn more about our mission.

As a DogTime Blog Star more pet enthusiasts will see and read your blog and provide you with the opportunity to share your love of animals. Once you have joined the DogTime Blog Network there may be an opportunity for you to qualify to make advertising revenue.

Participation is simple, as we will use your existing RSS feed to feature your blog and posts. If you would like to participate, simply reply to this email with the URL of your RSS feed.

We will reply back with your own DogTime Blog Star badge to post on your blog site. For more details about the benefits of participating in the DogTime Blog Network please refer to our FAQs. If you have additional questions please contact me directly.

Thanks, and we hope you Find Your Wag!

Luisa Lapus Tiong
luisa@dogtime.com | 877-348-Pets(7387)

DogTime Media | 27 Maiden Lane, Suite 700 | San Francisco, CA 94106