Monday, September 21, 2009

being domesticated

Cooking is something that makes me happy. I love to make up new healthier recipes for my favorite meals. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I also like to try making new foods which is what me and my roomate did on Friday night...we made Swiss Cheese Fondue...

First we had to gather the ingredients...which was fun because we needed
Chardonnay (I have never drank alcohol in my life...or been to the liquor store)
So my roommates and I headed to the liquor store...and we were quite excited
when we got carded...it was fun!
So we grated the cheese and mixed it with cornstarch...
(then it went into the pot with the bubbling wine/garlic combo)
Then we made a healthy salad to go along with our not so healthy
cheesy goodness!!!
This is the picture of the cheese mixing with the wine...
...and then of course we ate the fondue with french bread...
it was delicious, but I learned a few things...
1. When you decide to make fondue...have a fondue pot...you can do it on the stove, but once it starts cooling off, it gets hard and isn't so easy to dip the bread into...
2. After all the clogging artery goodness that is fondue...make sure you have something healthy like salad...makes you feel better about yourself for eating the cheese and bread...
3. perhaps in the future make cheese fondue--but also make chocolate fondue to have with fruit...
4. be prepared to feel like you need to walk for days to work off the calories from the fondue...














1 comment:

Becky Andrews said...

Fun! I love fondue.